Swanford
Seaport-3.jpg

(Pop: 5,000) Swanford is a large coastal town located on the eastern edge of the Forbidden Forest, at the base of the fortress of Erôn-Khorlöth.


This village serves to support the day-to-day operations of the Veiled Society, which is headquartered in the large castle that overlooks the entire town.

On any given day, the docks of Swanford are quite busy, constantly bringing Magisters and their supplies back and forth from many ports of call.

HISTORY


In the Late Third Age, the town of Swanford was a much larger city, populated by an ancient people known as the Cynarans. These Cynarans, under King Narmacil Redmond fought against the Iskari invaders in the Forty-Years War.

In the year 1170/3, an Iskari fleet led by Ilnavel Cyrenäe landed here, burned the town, destroyed the castle of Erôn-Khorlöth, and killed the Cynaran King Narmacil. This decisive battle came to be known as the "Battle of Swanford." After this defeat, the Cynarans were conquered by the Iskari and their territory became part of the modern-day Kingdom of Cyrendar.